Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Autoflower SOG beginning advices & help !!

hopkanthon

HC Member
Hello
I’m starting an autoflower sea of green grow room. I’m a plantation enthusiast since I’ve been planting many kinds of plants outdoors and even weed for like 10 years. My plan is ready for everything and all the phases except the lighting issue.
I’ve read many things about types of lights and wattage but nothing is really clear. I hope to get a clear and concise answer about this matter.
Here are my settings:
- Autoflower weed
- 3x3 meters (9m2 or 97 sq foot)
- 2 gallon pots
It is my first grow and I want to know what type of bulbs to use? MH or HPS or CFL or HID or T5 …?? or even LED ??
What’s the difference between them?
What is best for optimum results and what is best in term of electricity consumption / bill?
How many lights should I put for the 9m2 area? And how many watts each would be?
How to calculate it in terms of wattage per m2 ??
Oh and how can I do a timer to automatically switch lights on and off? and what timing do you recommend; 20/4 or 18/6 would be best?
And for the experienced, do you recommend any soil mix / recipe for optimal outcomes?

I’m a beginner to this and I really need some advices on how to start.

Thank you

justtokeit

HC Member
Keep the lights 18/6 for the whole life. A 1000 watt HPS will work the best, but if you want to save electricity go with a combo of t5, led, and smaller HPS. Keep a fan in your grow room don't let it get too hot/humid.

justtokeit

HC Member
If you want a high yielding auto try pandora autoflower, if you want nice sticky nugs try easyryder by the joint doctor

Goda Green

Hell Berry Is da Shiznit
HC Member
Ok first off Forget what every one has said Then Read this Autos can Grow under MH or HPS Or CLF OR LED But I Bread Autos So hears the best way. Use a 400WATT MH Per 4x4 space for at lest the first month and a half with your lights on 18 hours and off 6. Flip your bulb to a HPS for 2 months then back to a MH for a week then no lights for to days be for harvest. Use HI Nitro for the first month then flush for the 2 weeks then Add you Pot and CA/MG for 2 months then flush for the last 2 weeks. This will give you the best yield plus size and More trichomes. cheers

PS... "HID" stands for "high intensity discharge" It's a set up that use's MH and HPS FYI

pps.. Promix BX mixed with organic Mix Works well about 2/1 Cheers

Top Bottom