Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cutting Edge Solutions Micro Bloom with Roots Organic

Snow Crash

HC Member
Hey fellas, got the new grow set up and figured I'd share some info.

These 6 plants are all clones taken from last summer's grow and they are all monster cropped (taken while in flowering) and topped and LST trained. I've been growing them very slowly with minimal CFL lighting over the last 16 weeks or so. I bonsai trained them to last in a small tent until I could move them into flowering for all this time. They had been in botanicare coco in 1 gallon root makers for like 3 months. Working with 6 plants keeps me well within my OMMP limits and I think I should still manage a reasonable harvest now that I finally know what the hell I'm doing in there!

There are 3 unknown plants that could be Cole Train, Lemon Skunk, Warlock, or Motavation, or some combination of those plants. The tags got lost somehow and most of them look the same. The other three plants are Wappa, Cole Train, and Sensi Star. All of them have been half neglected on waterings for weeks now, sometimes I fed them, sometimes I didn't; usually I never cared to measure runoff much or deal with them at all. Amazing how they just kept growing, no problems the whole time in veg. I'd had them on mostly Canna Coco A+B, Liquid Karma, and Potassium Silicate.

I am growing this in a 5x5x7 tent, using 3 gallon SmartPots, a mixture of recycled coco and fresh Roots Organics coco mix in trays, on tables to lift the plants off the ground. I use a siphon system to manage my runoff on the drain to waste top feed setup. As of right now the plants were transplanted about a week ago, they are on 20/4 lighting until June 6th is when I plan to start 12/12 so I can harvest in the first week of August before the heat gets bad. Then I'm taking some time off unless a better offer presents itself.

View attachment 33657View attachment 33658View attachment 33659View attachment 33660

My flowering nutrient system is going to be an experiment and a test of my merit as a grower. I'll be using Cutting Edge Solutions Micro 6-0-0 and Bloom 0-6-5 in combination with AN Big Bud Dry, Humboldt Nutrients FlavorFul Fulvic Acid, Botanicare Hydroplex and Silica Blast. I found the CES locally for $0.0046 per ml for the Bloom (about $19 for a 4L) which is a comparatively good deal on a 0-6-5 nutrient. The Micro 6-0-0 I picked up a liter of, at $0.0096 per ml ($9.60/L) not as great a deal but at 4ml per gallon giving me about 70ppm of Nitrogen I'm not concerned about the final cost. I am considering picking up a 250ml bottle of Canna BioBoost Accelerator and a 1L bottle of CES's Uncle John's 0-0-2. I use the Accelerator as a foliar spray from weeks 4 to 7 and it has a noticeable impact on resin output. I had been looking for a potassium specific supplement that wouldn't change the ppm levels of the other elements, and interestingly I just found this Uncle John's stuff today. The only other one I know of would be things like K-Mag (0-0-22 11%Mg 22%Su) and Humboldt Nutrients Deuce-Deuce (0-0-22 seaweed extract and potash). This stuff is only a 0-0-2 but I might still pick up a L if I have a spare $20 around for it in a few weeks just to give it a shot.

The plants are currently being trained using grow through plant supports which have been modified to angle the screens. This allows me to shape the garden more efficiently around the vertical bulb and independent movement of the plants as they grow. I have them using the 400w Digilux MH right now but I plan to flip them to the 1000w Eye Sunlux HPS here in maybe a day and a half or so.

Here is a rough EC and ratio guideline of what I'm aiming for:
Week 1 - 1.3ec 1-1-1 1% Ca 0.3% Mg // 80uS/cm Big Bud, 1ml Hydroplex, 4ml Bloom
Week 2 - 1.4ec 1-2-2 1% Ca 0.5% Mg // 150uS/cm Big Bud, 1ml Hydroplex, 6ml Bloom
Week 3 - 1.5ec 1-4-5 0.7% Ca 0.5% Mg // 300uS/cm Big Bud, 1ml Hydroplex, 12ml Bloom
Week 4 - 1.6ec 1-5-6 0.7% Ca 0.5% Mg // 300uS/cm Big Bud, 1ml Hydroplex, 12ml Bloom
Week 5 - 1.9ec 1-5-7 0.7% Ca 1% Mg // 600uS/cm Big Bud, 1ml Hydroplex, 12ml Bloom
Week 6 - 2.0ec 1-8-7 0.7% Ca 1.1% Mg // 0uS/cm Big Bud, 5ml Hydroplex, 16ml Bloom
Week 7 - 1.4ec 1-5-5 0.7% Ca 1.1% Mg // 0uS/cm Big Bud, 0ml Hydroplex, 16ml Bloom
Week 8 - 0.4ec 0-0-0 Fulvic Acid and Flushing

For the most part I'm running the Micro at 4ml/gallon which gives me a promised 63ppm of N. That's about the level of Nitrogen I'm planning to run the entire grow, so for the most part, 1% = ~70ppm. The Silica Blast is running at 5ml per gallon until around week 6 when I'm going to cut it in half, then cut it out completely in week 7. I'm also only running it every 2 or 3 feedings. The Fulvic acid is in use at 2ml per gallon every time. Really, the only things I change much are the Bloom and the Big Bud, maybe a little finessing with the Epsom Salts... Beyond that the system is pretty static and easy to navigate compare to what I've been used to. Even with the addition of the Uncle John's at 5ml per gallon in weeks 5, 6, and 7, or foliar feeding the Accelerator in weeks 4, 5, and 6 before doing a 10ml drench twice in week 7. Easy stuff when it is all broken down and laid out before hand.

While the EC levels might seem a little low, I am relying on the Roots Organic mixture to push these plants for the first 2-3 weeks of flowering before I start pushing them. I might go higher... They might need less... I won't know until I get there but this is the plan as of tonight (ultimately subject to change and minor deviances in ratios).

Last edited:

Snow Crash

HC Member
Additions to the grow this time around will include:
$125 for a 6x16 phresh filter and sock.
$29 for CES Micro and Bloom
$25 for more Big Bud dry
$25 for 250ml BioBoost
$25 for 1 qt Uncle John's Blend
$16 for 40L of Roots Organics Coco mix

Grand total is somewhere south of $250 for the entire grow. Not a bad budget considering that 500 grams shouldn't be too much to ask for... lol ... $0.50 per gram in supplies is okay by me.

Then I still need to place that order on those Cali Connection seeds so I can get that delicious looking Jedi Kush.

I won't need much of anything except nutrients for my final grow at this location from October - February. Then It'll be time to upgrade to more like 4K in a sealed CO2 controlled environment and start making this more than a hobby.

Last edited:

sms_sc60

Supporter
HC Member
Dude, I always enjoy your posts, they are very informative with lot's of good and relevant info. Two questions, where did you get those cool trellises and does any of this information carry over to soil or is it primarily useful for coco grow only?

thedankman

dubsteppin
HC Member
i know some guys in humboldt that ran the CES in a lucas formula with a little uncle johns and then late flowering suppliments... they did this as a budget run and it turned out looking better than their normal runs imo

Snow Crash

HC Member
Dude, I always enjoy your posts, they are very informative with lot's of good and relevant info. Two questions, where did you get those cool trellises and does any of this information carry over to soil or is it primarily useful for coco grow only?
I got the trellises, called "Grow Through Plant Supports" at Home De Pot in the garden section. I have some 16" tall x 12" round and some 24" tall x 16" around. What I did to make these was take two of the shorter legs with one of the taller legs and use the 16" round screen. This gives me a really useful shape when growing vertically.

The information here is primarily for soilless media growing, but more specifically just for coco. Soil growing to me is all about Vortex Brewing a good compost tea and letting nature take care of all my concerns when it comes to ratios.

i know some guys in humboldt that ran the CES in a lucas formula with a little uncle johns and then late flowering suppliments... they did this as a budget run and it turned out looking better than their normal runs imo
I actually had the intention of picking up a gallon of the CNS 17 Ripe and supplementing that with a little Canna Coco A+B for the Nitrogen I'd need earlier on. I've heard a little about CES here and there and when I saw it in the shop I found myself suddenly pondering something completely new. At about 2/3 the cost of the Advanced Nutrient Micro and Bloom, at roughly the same concentration, I knew it wouldn't be a fad financial decision. Recently I'd been toying around with running a Micro/Bloom system and I just decided to go for it.

When it comes to the size of my flowers I leave a lot of that up to the Big Bud and whatever pixie dust it contains. The Uncle John's blend is looking more and more appealing as the day goes and I'm really happy to have some authentic input on their stuff. Thanks for swinging by!

Snow Crash

HC Member
My dumb ass forgot completely about Snow Storm Ultra. I think that I may still get the Uncle John's Blend but that the SSU is a good substitute if I don't. I wonder what I'll buy?

Snow Crash

HC Member
The last few days have been pretty warm here. Couple that with the inclusion of the 1000w HPS and heat has been an issue for the last few days. I'm pushing low 80's for part of the day right now, like 82's as the high, and I'm seeing the stress in the leaves starting with that edge curl. Fortunately temperatures have been dropping and I got the AC unit put back up anyway so that shouldn't be an issue moving forward even when outside temperatures hover over 80 for extended periods of time.

I've decided to run 4ml to 5ml per gallon of the Hydroplex in the first two weeks of flowering. The intention is that this will speed up the transition to flower set in the same way Bud Blood would. I then thought that since I'll be out of what I'd intended to be my finishing formula for week 6 that maybe I'd use AN Overdrive (because it has a good amount of Mag) in weeks 6 and 7... But the time I worked the calculator out I was using WAY more supplements than macro nutrients. Just didn't feel right to me getting a gallon of CES Bloom and only needing 2000ml because I used so many other PK supplements.

Going back over the system I found I'd do better (cost-wise) by relying on the Bloom to dial in the PK levels then a variety of alternative bloom supplements. This has led me to the conclusion I should try to run the system with as little supplementation as possible. Rather than getting the Overdrive I'm going to get the Mag Amped and the Uncle John's Blend. I'm still using the Big Bud, Hydroplex, Silica Blast, and the BioBoost Accelerator, but adding another "off-brand" nutrient would have just reduced the amount of CES I actually used. I'll save the Overdrive for an AN grow sometime in the future (I want to do a 32 gallon trash can aeroponic/rDWC tree grow with AN where the foggers act as "air stones").

Stretch Concept:
Initiate flowering early by supplying ~0.2ec of the high P supplement Hydroplex. Using ~80ppm of calculated nitrogen derived from 5ml of the Micro. The ratios are going to be around 2-4-3 or so for this stage. Additionally I'm supplying a kelp extract root drench (in nutrients) every 5 days and foliar feeding with Kelp Extract once a week for the hormone boost. Mag Amped can/will be foliar fed as well if required to handle temporary shortages (especially near the transition to flowering) but at about 3ml/gallon used during feedings I'll hopefully avoid that.

Early Flowering Concept:
Pushing up to 0.2ec of Big Bud Dry to bring K levels up to manage all the energy the plant is generating at this point and to generate large flowers. I'll be foliar feeding with the Mag Amped once every 4-5 days for sure at this point as a preventative measure when pushing this much potassium. Nitrogen levels decrease to ~65ppm, Calcium ppm just a little lower and about even with the Magnesium ppm as the Mag Amped is increased to 4ml-5ml per gallon. Ratios are around 2-5-6

Peak Flowering Concept:
Pushing high levels of CES Bloom and Uncle John's Blend to balance out a PK dominant ratio close to 1-6-6. Nitrogen at ~50ppm, and magnesium at nearly twice that level. Foliar feeding with BioBoost Accelerator as soon as trichomes start developing on sugar leaves up until it is no longer safe. Remaining BioBoost Accelerator will be used at 12ml/gallon maybe twice around the 7th week of flowering.

Late/End Flowering Concept:
Maintaining highish EC at 1.5 and cutting the ratio to more like 1-4-4 by running ~50ppm nitrogen and primarily CES Bloom and the UJB. Rinsing with clean water for the last 8 to 10 days depending on ripening requirements, beginning on day 50.

Snow Crash

HC Member
I have been ignoring this thread a little bit as I get everything in the tent and the reservoir worked out.

Hydroplex was not effective as a bloom stimulator. It didn't really do any/much damage but it should definitely be saved for later.

Sometime in the next two days I'll be heading down to my local hydro store to pick up some Plant Amp, Uncle John's Blend, BioBoost Accelerator, and Big Bud dry. I will be using these products in combination with CES Micro, Bloom, and Mag Amped for the remainder of the grow. I might pick up the Plant Amp tonight because that's what I really need in the mix right now.

Up to this point I've been having a problem with high EC, high heat, and potassium deficiency. To manage this and provide the proper level of nutrition in absence of the Plant Amp and UJB I have been relying on extra AN Sensi Bloom A+B in combination with the micro/bloom to get the levels dialed in. This has actually worked well.

I'll post some pictures tonight. Today is day 14 or 15... it's hard to keep track of this shit because their day starts at my 8pm...

Snow Crash

HC Member
I went down and purchased a Liter of Plant Amp tonight. Got it home. Broke it open. Mixed as suggested...

3.4pH...

Wha?

Wash probe. Calibrate.

3.4pH...

I hop on their website and they are spinning some yarn about how the product is held together by weak molecular chains and not to adjust it.

3.4pH...

That's right, I mix 5ml of Micro, 15ml of Bloom, 10ml of UJB, 10ml of Plant Amp, and 5ml of Micro. You know what I get? A 1.8ec, a 3.4pH, and like 145ppm of sulfate. Then it's time to adjust. Add some Silicate. Add more silicate. Max out silicate... a little more silicate... wooo! 4.2pH...

Time to break out the mostly unused bottle of GH pH up Potassium Bicarbonate.
Hooray... bicarbonates.
1ml per gallon... 2ml per gallon... 3ml per gallon...
Finally! 5.6pH...

Wait... did I just add 6ml per gallon of Potassium silicate and 3ml per gallon of Potassium Bicarbonate to offset 10ml of Calcium Chloride?

Brilliant! Now I'll feed my plants and see what happens.

This was such a terrible idea. My poor plants are suffering badly. I feel like an asshole walking into that store and buying this bullshit. Why?!?!?! Why can no local store seem to stock CNS 17?!?!?! WHY!!!!!????? So much solution down such a tiny drain.

WAAAHHHH!!!! Poor poor plantitties. I sure hope this momentary lapse in judgement doesn't set me back. I'm on twice daily waterings... so they'll be stewing in this for a few hours more.

I sent CES an email to see if they will actually defend a 3.4pH reading and tell me "yeah dude, go ahead and run that shit through your plants." I will probably be returning all of the bottles of CES to the store for store credit sometime before 8pm tomorrow and picking up something else. Unfortunately this guys don't have much in the way of good stuff. General Organics has my eye, but I'll probably stick with the GH micro/bloom given the magnesium ratio.

I am currently lost in a sea of nutrients...

General Hydroponics, General Organics, or Advanced Nutrients, those are my best options.
No matter what I am getting something new and I'm still using Silica, Big Bud, BioWeed, and BioBoost.

Snow Crash

HC Member
I forgot about the pictures I'd promised.

You can see all the damage I've been dealing with. Notice the burn, necrosis, yellowing, and general pissyness of all the plants. Some leaves show obvious signs of potassium deficiency.

Runoff is at 1.4ec out with 1.3ec in. Pretty much dialed, so no buildup for sure... I've been working with like 1 gallon runoff per planter for two weeks now. Actually, all the salts that had built up on the outsides of the smart pots is even gone.

Snow Crash

HC Member
After speaking with Joel over at CES he has convinced me to give their system an honest try. The guys is personally working with Botanicare PureBlend with about a 60:40 coco:perlite ratio and using his entire system (of course).

His suggestion to me was to eliminate the BioWeed as it might contain high levels of sodium (being a kelp extract). This sodium would be fucking with my cations and causing these problems. He also suggested that I cut back on the Epsom Salt, but his reasoning was that I didn't need it, and the extra mag wouldn't make a difference to my harvest as long as I used the Mag Amped. In this regard I don't really care what he said because I know my coco, and I know my plants, and I know the extra Mag goes a LONG way. I keep my magnesium in a 4:1 relationship with K20, so when I'm pushing 250-260 calculated ppm of K then I need 65 to 70 ppm of Mag calculated in. Failing to do so in the past has caused problems, while doing so has produced significant results. I'm no scientist, but I'm not stupid.

Joel also said that the K Carb pH up is fine to use if I wanted but that I should dilute it into some water before hand to reduce the chance of precipitates caused from a rapid increased alkalinity. I trust this advice for certain and will be using pH up to bring my numbers back into range with where he is in his own garden (or the one he "helps" with) which is a 4.4pH.

Not that it would fuck with something. I really cannot scream wolf until I do CES a little truer to verify the source of my woe. I also have been watching my runoff pH for the last 3 days or so just to make sure that it's still running off in range. Despite using this <4.0pH solution for a few days now, with a lot of runoff every time, the pH of the runoff hasn't budged. It is still sitting around 6.3 to 6.4. Until I see the pH in the runoff dropping, and the plants basically dying, I'll do my best to keep any further "trip-out's" contained.

I'm heading out now to go sell my CoolSun 6 (sorry sms/potpey) and will be using the funds from that to cover the purchase of some Big Bud dry and the BioBoost. I'm hoping to get like $65 for the reflector and have a couple dollars left over for a big fucking Rootbeer Float made with Tillamook Old-Fashioned and some real Root Beer. The kind that isn't just artificial flavor and corn syrup. Can't remember the brand...

Snow Crash

HC Member
I found a picture from my other thread I thought was fun.

6 of the 8 plants on the right side of this photograph are the plants picture in flowering now. At this time, these clones were 3 weeks old, and this picture was taken about 4 months ago. BONZAI!

Snow Crash

HC Member
CES on the hookup.

I have been back and forth with them for a while this week. I had some concerns regarding batch numbers and the color of the products changing over time. Turns out all of the stuff I have was mixed in January. Not a big deal. But since I'd been so good about input and sharing my experiences at the stores they are sending fresh bottles to me of all three of their supplements, Plant Amp, Mag Amped, and Uncle John's Blend. This is FANTASTIC, because now I can run the system at full strength throughout the grow without worrying about running out of anything.

CES, here we go!

I am excited now. If this stuff does work well then they definitely have a customer for life. I might even cut out the Big Bud dry... Maybe...

Last edited:

Snow Crash

HC Member
Here's a picture update. Not much to report other than the plants are actually looking healthy. I'm running only CES +Epsom Salts right now.

Here's how I mixed the solution for the last few feedings.

Take 5 gallons of rested tap water (clean@<80uS/cm) and mix in:
30ml of Micro
45ml of Bloom
45ml of Plant Amp
45ml of Uncle John's Blend
30ml of Mag Amped

This totals out to around 1950uS/cm (or 1.95ec) which is WAAAY too high for right now. To this solution I add about 4 gallons of water to bring the EC down to 1.25. Then I add back 50uS/cm (about 25ppm) of epsom salts that I have dissolved in water ahead of time to provide another 5-10ppm of magnesium, just in case. Seems to help in every grow, just a little bit goes a long way.

This solution was used for two consecutive feedings. Feedings are at lights on, and 5 hours later, using approximately 1500ml per plant and collecting roughly 30% to 40% runoff (which is like 1 gallon each time from 6 plants, not much). After the second feeding an additional 5 gallons of water was added to what remained to create a 650uS/cm solution. This solution has been fed once and will be used again tonight. I will then forgo a second feeding today. Tomorrow a new solution will be mixed with a higher EC and a 5/15 ratio of micro to bloom before dialing in the final strength.

These pictures are from about mid-day on the 19th day of 12/12 (last night). The Back two plants, and the plant on the left-middle, are the unknowns. One of them in the back (the one on the right) is definitely the same as my Sister Mary (Jasmine SSHxTrainwreckx???) but the other two are unique. I'm guessing one is a Warlock because I'm pretty sure at least one of those clones rooted but I'm still trying to determine the genes on the last plants. The known Sister Mary is front-left (that stretchy/leggy bitch), the Sensi Star is front right, and the Wappa is right-middle. I'm thinking that the mystery plant could be Wappa because they have the same kind of pistils, which are the thinnest and longest of all the other plants... but they aren't identical.
View attachment 33809

Here are some shots of the Wappa and a the Mystery Plant I think is a Sister Mary (or her more Lemony Cousin). A lot of my pictures didn't balance out well and I can't take more until tonight.
View attachment 33810View attachment 33811

Last edited:

Snow Crash

HC Member
Cutting Edge Solutions on the HOOKUP!

Just got a couple freebies for being such an awesome human being! lol, j/k.

They sent to me, for free, a baller CES T-shirt, a bunch of stickers, Quart bottles of Plant Amp, Mag Amped, and Uncle John's Blend, two 100ml sample bottles of G-rex, and a sample bottle of T-Rex. I'm guessing that retail I would pay over $100 for all this.

I have a feeling that at least some of these products will remain in the grow room. I'm actually really digging the Plant Amp as a kind of pH down for Coco as well as a calcium supplement. I think the Uncle John's Blend is helping the resin production kick in so early too.

Loving what I am seeing right now although the temps got a little out of control again for two days and the plants definitely hate that. I hit 82 on Monday night, and 80 last night, tonight will be fine, back under 76, and the last 8 hours of last night were fine, but I can always sense the stress as I unzip the tent. For day 23 I'd like the flowers to be just a touch further along, but a lot can happen in a week. In 5 days or so I'm going to start using the Big Bud (subtracting out some CES Bloom to compensate) and to foliar with the BioBoost.

I'm going to start using the G-rex tonight and see if there is a resulting root explosion. I haven't seen any new tips coming out of the smartpots since I cut the BioWeed and would love to see this stuff kick in as a replacement (albeit an expensive one if I had to pay for it).

I am stoked on CES though. Off to the reservoir. Excelsior!

Last edited:

Snow Crash

HC Member

Snow Crash

HC Member
An addition I am making to my grow will be H&G Shooting Powder. I'll be running it pretty close to as suggested as I can within reason.

I am aware that this product will cause a re-initiation of flowering and will extend my flowering period by a week or two. This is fine with me as long as there is a weight increase to compensate the additional time (which their should be).

Micro: 4ml/gallon. CES suggest 5ml for their bloom formula but I find that the amendments in Roots Organics coco mix help pick up the slack.
Bloom: 9ml/gallon. Dropping to 6ml during the Shooting Powder weeks, then back up to 12ml for the week before the flush.
Plant Amp: 8ml to 10ml as directed.
Mag Amped: 5ml/gallon unless more is required when the Bloom is reduced, up to 8ml, and included with the BioBoost foliar spray.
Uncle John's Blend: 10ml/gallon as directed and incorporated with the BioBoost foliar spray.
Big Bud dry: 1.4g/gallon from D28 to D40. Then 0.7g/gallon from D41 to D50.
Shooting Powder: 2g/gallon from D41 to D50. Then 4g/gallon from D51 to D56.
BioBoost: Primary constituent of bi-weekly foliar spray until unable to do so. Then twice in the feeding solution at 10ml/gallon on D50 and again on D57.

The EC levels from now (D26) to D40, the next two weeks, will be increasing from 1350uS/cm up to 1500uS/cm.
As soon as the Shooting Powder is introduced the EC will be dropped to 1200uS/cm by sacrificing 1/2 the strength of the Big Bud as well as a little Micro and Bloom. PA, MA, and UJB will continue to be run at close to full strength (within a reasonable deviance after dilution). I will then gradually work the EC up little by little to top the plants out nutritionally, but I'm fine staying at 1200uS/cm if that's what they want.

I am going to plan on a day 70 harvest for most of the plants but will allow some to go as long as 80 days if need be. Can't do much more than that.

From D57 to D65, after the Shooting Powder and before the flush, I will probably stay right around 1200uS/cm or about 100uS/cm beneath where they topped out at. Then I'll start flushing on D66 until they are done, be it 5 days of flushing or 15 days of flushing.

And that's the plan, nutrient-wise, with what I have going on right now. Keeping a good amount of Micro in the reservoir is the hardest part because of the impact is has on the EC of the solution. just 4ml/gallon will take my 80uS/cm solution over 500uS/cm. With the three additives taking up another 550uS/cm that doesn't leave a hell of a lot of space for the Bloom in a 1200uS/cm solution. Getting enough of each element calculated by labeled percentage has been tough. I know that running my plants at 5:15 would be about a 2.0ec and that's just too much for them. Hell, you can see some of the damage just from 1.5ec a little too early.

Discerning heat damage from nutrient burn has been a little tough for me recently. I know the media isn't out of control but I also know from experience with these strains that some are lighter feeders than others. With 1/2 the plants being "unknown" that leaves a huge variable in the causes of the issues I have seen. I hope that I can keep nutrition levels low and use these enhancers without any stress present. For me, controlling the strength of my solution is a lot easier then the weather so I have to work with what I've got.

Last edited:

Snow Crash

HC Member
The runoff EC is starting to creep back up now that I've been pushing the nutrients a little harder on a consistent basis. It is now 1350uS/cm in and >1650uS/cm out when using about 40% runoff.

In response I'm going to ensure that I cut the solution down to about 1000uS/cm and ensure slightly more runoff (around 1:1) at each watering until the EC drops back down under 1.2. Then I'll pick the EC back up a little bit as the Big Bud is incorporated.

It's all about the runoff!

Electro

░▒▒▓É∟-⌡Ård↨ÑÉrΘ▓▒▒░
HC Member
Looking good man. When do you top your plants? And when do you pull off all that lower growth? i like the growth pattern how they look kinda like a minorah if ya know what i mean. What's up with the larger leaves on the Sensi Star, just the heavy feeding? That's awesome you got some freebies too, only happened to me once so far but i never get out and socialize much anyhow :) So true about runoff i was always afraid of leeching out my organics. Now i give plenty of runoff and add what i need later. Testing runoff has helped me alot too. I noticed you cant test "small" amounts, it seems you need like a liter or so to really see what's going on, do you experience that?

Top Bottom