Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

flourescent growing

illadank

HC Member
I have about 16 inch plants under flouros in canna coco, first grow and wondering if- anyone has grown all the way thru to harvest with only flouros, i was told to put pink film/ plastic stretched under the reflectors to flower, throw opinions at me

illadank

HC Member
Also, what is a good lighting schedule for 9-14" plants? They've been vegging in constant light for nearly 3 weeks

This post if me asking more knowledgable growers if they think I'm on a good path and what can I do to make it better

I've been giving them about 25% doses of nutes that canna coco recommends because I live in a dry climate
4 plants, 2 indica dominant and 2 eith more sativa qualities, under 10 120 watt cfls hanging in split sockets.So each plant has 2 lights directly over them and there's 2 in the in between the plants. In each set of 2s I put 1 6500k bulb and 1 2700k bulb.There's also 1 4' t5 tube in the middle on top that they all share, pretty sure its around 5500k. The walls of the box are painted with cool seal reflective white paint.
There's a fan inside the box oscillating at all times and I'm getting ready to put a large computer fan on the top of the box to ventilate, as well as cut square holes at the bottom of the sides to let cool air in. I'm using 2 one gallon jugs to make co2 with yeast and sugar and spraying the leaves with soda water. There's a little damprid dehumidifier in the box that seems to work well.
recently one of the sativa dominant plants started to yellow on some edges and some of the leaves were sagging so I tried giving the plants just water when it was time and I waited longer for the yellow plants coco to dry and it looks like it's back to a good looking plant.

If my plants are 14 inches, when should I start flowering them?
Should I gradually get them off the 24 hr light they're on to 12-12 or take them to like18-6 or 14-10?

ganjafarmr

HC Member
not good idea

Flor. aren't very good to use for growing unless just for the begging veg cycle. The spectrum from the flors. Don't go more than 5 to 7 inches away from the light. I'd recommend using cfls instead. Peace \m/

illadank

HC Member
There are 10 cfls and 1 fluoro tube. They are 2-3 inches above the plants

alexgreen

HC Member
Tell what your end decisions were! What happened with your grow???

Firstly, I envy your set-up. I like that you made the effort to envolope the total surface area of the leaves by fulling out the light between plants (on the sides) - its necessary.

I think using big CFL's, like you are, is the best but they're pricey and more lamps = more coverage.
I'm going to rather use a few 85w 6400k CFLs in a reflective housing as the replicated sun (overheads), because they're bright and long.

To not waste light energy (and money) I use a variety of specrum types of smaller/shorter (20W - 34W) bulbs below the top of the plant to diversify and increase the total light intake of the plant and MAINLY make the plant short, fat and bushy.

I want lush bushy plants before I flower my Indica/Sativa so I'm eager to know how your grow went and what light you added to flower?

Also,
Growing with a primarily CFL-type of lighting, I think, takes more skill, such as attention to detail and mechanical design due to regular, complex re-adjustments.
Even a fully adjustable CFL lighting system becomes challenging to set accordingly when the plant gets bigger and more lamps are required to fuel the growth.
You agree?

Top Bottom