Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

growing indoor and outdoor?

crossy

HC Member
Has anyone ever tried growing outdoor during the day and switching indoors at nights? Will this speed up the growing cycle and produce higher quality bud by switching back and fourth or will it stress the bud?

Nor Cal

HC Member
Well IMO if you take into consideration the environmental factors of the two, not a good idea. Unless you can get your room to mimic the environment outside fairly close I think it would stress your shit out. Not to mention going from sun to not real sun may just make it DIE!!! IDK though. Just my opinion.

canna2go

show your love
HC Member
Murrieta area for outdoor? Spot seem nice... it's time for the Indians to invest.

kevinanderson

I'm Banned
Hi
I have and can, grow anything. I started in the 6th grade growing my favorite herb ( tobacco..opps just kidding). While in the 6th grade, during summer time, I was sent to Cuba to be with my great and grand parents who ran a tobacco shop. Did you know that in cuba everyone smoked pot mixed with tobacco? I would steal cigars from my grands and separate the good stuff from the tobacco!
Any ways, to make a long story short...I started growing cuban pot which has been grown for centuries by the old folks for tea etc,... a very strong indicia black variety ( i would love to get a hold of it now!) Any one in Cuba?

anyways to answer your question re indoor or outdoor. I can grow both and you will not be able to tell the difference! I prefer indoors for many reasons...
1. you can have a continuous year round harvest!
2. you can control the environment from co2 to soil to nutrition, to pest control to human control.
3. I use LED lights (hardly any increase in my electrical usage!)
4. I can graft on one plant with many many different varieties!
5. Over the years you can develop your own local variety. Once you master growing from seed.
6. Cloning is impossible outdoors
hope this helps

Tokes

HC Member
i have only growing outdoors any great number of plants this is my first grow indoors with a lot of plants so i really cant say at this point if i prefer it or not i know i prefer it in the way i can keep a eye on it better and have more control and that sorta of thing and year round crops but will i prefer it in the of the year this year we shall see i will let u know in 2013

jessicalennita

HC Member
Well, i might say it is possible to grow plants like outdoors in day and indoors at night but that would definitely effects the plant's growth because of the temperature fluctuation they are under going. You either grow them completely indoors or completely outdoors. Better if you grow indoors with some grow lights set up as plants does not get proper sunlight in winters. LED grow lights are the safest way which are long lasting and saves your energy consumption.

Zeta

HC Member
I wouldn't really recommend moving plants from outdoors to indoors unless you absolutely have to. Your going to bring all of your potential outdoor pests indoors and ruin your indoor garden. As far as production goes sure you can make it happen in some ways. Obviously we can never replicate the power of the sun so production outside always surpasses indoors, but usually you can tell the difference between the two. Really depends, but based on the possibility of a pest infestation that can take hold indoors I wouldn't do it. You could always just do greenhouse and utilize the sun but recreate nature indoors to an extent, and get good results.

Top Bottom