powdery mildew just days from harvest

Electro

░▒▒▓É∟-⌡Ård↨ÑÉrΘ▓▒▒░
Super Mod
Yeah it looks like the Immunox for Lawn Disease is 2% Myclobutanil as opposed to the "regular" which is 1.55% Myclobutanil.. Looks like the Immunox Lawn is just a bit stronger. I bet all Immunox products are almost exactly the same, some add pesticides and some just up the dosage Myclobutanil... Grass is a tough weed, so it makes sense it would be stronger. I've sprayed Immunox on 1 week old clones and they loved the stuff so i wouldnt worry about burning your plants i'd think. I forget who it is, maybe DFS, NorCal or Hydr1 but they just dump some Immunox in a gallon of water, no measuring. :) I use 2ml per Liter of "regular" Immunox..

Ok cool I will hit up the lowes again tomorrow and see if I can find something that will work. I got Organicide but its not systemic so its not going to do what I want. I also have mildew cure for PM that I got for last time but its also not systemic that i know of either so that isnt going to help. I will see what I can find. So I assume the Lawn Immunox (regular NOT the plus) is no good? Its the same as the regular as far as I can tell except its setup to use on your lawn with a water hose.

ShaggyGT

I'm Banned
Good info bro!! Looks like if in a jam I could use it in just a much lower dose. Guess I could try it on a couple of the clones I can afford to loose and see what happens.

jbyrd

Chronic User
HC Member
Do you have an Ace Hardware anywhere near, they carry it? You can order online from them as well. :)

ShaggyGT

I'm Banned
Yeah we got 3 ACE hardwares and none of the fuckers have it or had it last time I checked. Now I know who makes it I may go by there tommorow and make sure they didnt get it in now.

hydr1

I'm Banned
I don't even measure it...I go by the color and consistancy.

I've overdosed it and it caused some blistering ....but I tell ya what...if there is pm on the leaves..you can either blister em...or you can remove em.

Id rather soak everything annd not shake or touch a leaf to spread more spores.

PM is all about environmental controls in the dark cycle.
don't let it get over 60% hum in the dark if youu know your plannts are carrying the gay gene...I mean pm.

ShaggyGT

I'm Banned
Shit I never get RH over 50% in the grow room at night expecially. Usually in the 30% range. I think shipment last time is what really mae the PM show, this time they were shipped in a colder climate and they werent drenched so hopefully I wont have issues. Do you suggest I hold off until I see the signs of it or pretreat them with the regular Immunox just to be safe? I got rid of it using the Mildew Cure shit that smells like garlic, and it kept it away long enough for me to harvest.

hydr1

I'm Banned
Id blast em once and then with plain water...if your keeping a mom id take more clones asap and keep the most vigourous onne and flower the rest.

Electro

░▒▒▓É∟-⌡Ård↨ÑÉrΘ▓▒▒░
Super Mod
I don't even measure it...I go by the color and consistancy.

I've overdosed it and it caused some blistering ....but I tell ya what...if there is pm on the leaves..you can either blister em...or you can remove em.

Id rather soak everything annd not shake or touch a leaf to spread more spores.

PM is all about environmental controls in the dark cycle.
don't let it get over 60% hum in the dark if youu know your plannts are carrying the gay gene...I mean pm.
More like AIDS, gay gene would be hermie's LOL.. You say not to let the humidity climb over 60%, but what about LOW humidity? Does that play a role in plant's health? Im askin cause my humidifier broke yesterday and i'm worried i'm gonna stress the plants if the humidity drops too low. Any thoughts on that?

Electro

░▒▒▓É∟-⌡Ård↨ÑÉrΘ▓▒▒░
Super Mod
I got rid of it using the Mildew Cure shit that smells like garlic, and it kept it away long enough for me to harvest.

Mildew Cure is AWESOME if you are in flowering mode and already have PM.. I prefer that garlic smell to most of the other spot treatments. I hope my huge bottle never get's used again after being led to Immunox..

hydr1

I'm Banned
More like AIDS, gay gene would be hermie's LOL.. You say not to let the humidity climb over 60%, but what about LOW humidity? Does that play a role in plant's health? Im askin cause my humidifier broke yesterday and i'm worried i'm gonna stress the plants if the humidity drops too low. Any thoughts on that?
My veg area sits in 25% humidity bro....once in awhile it drops to 10%
The only thing I noticed is they drink more, and the edges of the leaves will roll up on the sides sometimes...but the overall health of the plant is not effected...I just do a daily foliar with tap and humics and it brings it to 35%...I spray the walls sides of containers...all plants..everything.

Too low is better than too high. Only in this case lol

jbyrd

Chronic User
HC Member
This is something I forgot to add too this thread as well. When you are feeding foliar or doing any foliar type of spray, adjust that PH way up, 7.8 is a good mark. Powdery thrives in our optimum PH range, and foliar feeding does not require the same low PH that we use for feeding the roots, infact, without adjusting your PH up high you are not getting the results that you should with your foliars.

dr. weird

renaissance man
HC Member
so i probably smoked the crop that inspired this post about 6-8 months ago, but i just wanted to give everyone an update on the serenade/eye-dropper spot treat method.
the crop turned out flavorful and delicious with no goofy-residueyness lingering. and it was done all organically!
thanks for the replies aybody.

Electro

░▒▒▓É∟-⌡Ård↨ÑÉrΘ▓▒▒░
Super Mod
Awesome, thanks alot for taking the time to follow up on the thread. Thats boss dude. Glad the seranace/eyedropper worked for ya. So you just put seranade on the area's of leaf that were showing PM?

so i probably smoked the crop that inspired this post about 6-8 months ago, but i just wanted to give everyone an update on the serenade/eye-dropper spot treat method.
the crop turned out flavorful and delicious with no goofy-residueyness lingering. and it was done all organically!
thanks for the replies aybody.

dr. weird

renaissance man
HC Member
yup, just a couple drops on the affected areas. i wouldn't recommend it in a large garden though, it's super tedious, and i had to do it everyday, but it saved my crops.

treking

HC Member
Did some more research on "Immunox" and it turns out it contains the same active ingredient as Eagle, Nova, Rally, etc.. all hardcore tools to fight PM and other diseases. It not only says it controls it, but systemically cures powder mildew, so that may be why you have not seen it come back Nor Cal :) :)

Also for future readers of this thread looking for a solution to "late" flowering control of PM i can say that Mildew Cure works like a dream. You can use it up to the last week of flowering. 1 application will last around 2 weeks. In the last week before chop, i'd use Hydrogen Peroxide/Water in a spray bottle. mix 1 part H202/9 parts water. Spray the buds and everything and dry them out in low humidity and fans. Its non toxic and evaporates and KILLS spores :) I had a plant last month that had PM on the leaves and a little bit on a bud or 2, sprayed it down with H202 in last week, and then a final spray as it was hanging to dry. The resulting product was great, the PM did not spread from those 2 buds that were chopped off, and the bud smokes good.

Found it at Home Depot http://www.homedepot.com/p/Spectracide-16-oz-Immunox-Fungicide-for-Gardens-HG-51000-2/203772106

aiking@cleanlight.nl

HC Member
If you run into any problems, please let us know !

On the UV-C lamp, be very careful with those. I did some testing with UV-C on powdery mildew on my plants. It seemed to control it, not eradicate and to much exposure is bad bad bad for your plants. I noticed damage to the leaves I was treating with UV-C 4 days after my trial.

I know it sounds great, and the dutch are using it in large scale indoor operations as a control, preventative measure but I'm not sure you can nuke an infestation without hurting your plants as well.