Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Veg Time and Flower Time

Nor Cal

HC Member
I am just a little curious what everyone is calling Veg Time and Flower Time. Me personally, I call my veg time: The amount of time they veg under HPS or MH light before they are flipped. In this instance, my veg time every time at the most is 9 days. Thats what I say. Now, my clones are under a T5 for a month and a half to two months before this. Does anyone consider this veg time? Just curious!!!
My flower time is the day I switch to 12/12. The transition nutrient schedule has nothing to do with this. Some people may have a different opinion. Do you? Once again, just curious!!

The reason I am posting this thread is because on this site and others, I find people saying these things and makes me wonder what the majority is feeling on the situation. So reply and let me know. Or don't.LOL

NL

HC Member
I just call it by growth phase. Is it vegging, new green growth and growing in size or is it flowering bud sites and capable of producing seeds?

Some might consider the time your clones are under the T5 veg time. I would. For me, any thing in 18/6 or 20/4 or 24/0 growing vegetatively or not 12/12 I call veg time. Any time in 12/12 light cycle or at max 12 hrs light, some equatorial strains get 10/14 or 11/13, I'd call flowering.

Cuttings waiting to root don't count as a true veg time, I wouldn't say my clones were in veg for a month if two weeks of that were me waiting for them to root. Then it's 2 weeks veg. Or a re-vegged plant, I'd only count the veg phase once it's revegged back completely and is growing new leafy growth again.

Nor Cal

HC Member
Thank you, once again Northern. Those are the answers or opinion I was shooting for. :agree:

Herbalist

Patience is a virtue
HC Member
Ya, I agree. If you have a clone and it's "vegging" for 4 weeks but 2 of those weeks its rooting, I would consider that a 2 week veg. Same goes for seedlings. When a seedling gets past the cotyledons or gets its first 3 set cannabis leaf in, I would consider that the start of veg. Anything more then 12 hours of darkness is a flowering plant. That's the way I think of it.

YoManItsJay

It's 4:19, got a minute?
HC Member
yes i call vegg time the whole vegg period! weather it's under HPS/MH or T5's... it's the time you spend VEGGING the plant...flower is of course 12/12 or 14/10 whatever you flower with!

CubanSmoker

HC Member
i always thought that veg time was the period before flowering.. and then i consider flowering when the plant actually starts producing flowers.. ie: if im in 12/12 and there is no preflowers yet, still in veg. but thats just my way :smoking:

Nor Cal

HC Member
Ahah!! Thats the shit I was looking for bro. A little bit of a different opinion. Thank you for your input and welcome to HC...:rastabanana::sign:

coffeeNcannabis

start your day off right!
In my mind, there are 4 stages: seedling, growth, stretch, bud
First two I consider vegetative. Anything under 12/12 is flowering, even though the first couple weeks will continue to produce vegetative growth before the buds really start to develop.

Also, I count day 1 flowering to be the first time they wake up from 12+hours of darkness. Thought I'd toss in my 2cents. :puffer:

YoManItsJay

It's 4:19, got a minute?
HC Member
yup i agree with CnC here...4 stages! and first two are vegg!...anything is 12/12 is flower even if there is no preflowering...good to hear everyone's thoughts on this! cuz it may have been confusing to some that thought it meant something else!

hydr1

I'm Banned
I say anything 24 is veg and 12 is flower.

The lights (Naturally Seasons) controll and determine if you are vegging or not.

The Grim Reefer

MILG Hunter
HC Member
I think it comes down to the subtle terminoligy for flowering

"put em into flower on the 14th......" ...... probably means from the 12/12 switch

"have been flowering for 14 day" ........ probably means from the first sign of bud growth, though usually this isnt inclusive of preflowers, as they can occur in both the veg and flower stage so therefore arent really conclusive of a change in growth

I persponally count from 12/12 switch but i dont believe seedbanks do lol

As for the vegging part of the equation

IMO: When working with clones, when they're cut they have a rooting stage, once they are rooted, they are into the vegging stage

When working with seeds, i generally count em as seedlins until the third leafset, after that vegging.

Its a debateable topic though :), long as i know the method being used when reading the post i dont mind :)

DaDDy FaTsAcKs

DaDDy FaTsAcKs
HC Member
I think it comes down to the subtle terminoligy for flowering

"put em into flower on the 14th......" ...... probably means from the 12/12 switch

"have been flowering for 14 day" ........ probably means from the first sign of bud growth, though usually this isnt inclusive of preflowers, as they can occur in both the veg and flower stage so therefore arent really conclusive of a change in growth

I persponally count from 12/12 switch but i dont believe seedbanks do lol

As for the vegging part of the equation

IMO: When working with clones, when they're cut they have a rooting stage, once they are rooted, they are into the vegging stage

When working with seeds, i generally count em as seedlins until the third leafset, after that vegging.

Its a debateable topic though :), long as i know the method being used when reading the post i dont mind :)

i agree, anyone that would count from the first sign of bud growth?...how would account for some 70 day cross's that would be like an 11 week strain with the 2 weeks it takes to even show flowering. time of switch anything before is veg other than rooting or seed germination...woohoo

DaDDy FaTsAcKs

DaDDy FaTsAcKs
HC Member
i always thought that veg time was the period before flowering.. and then i consider flowering when the plant actually starts producing flowers.. ie: if im in 12/12 and there is no preflowers yet, still in veg. but thats just my way :smoking:
Hey guy, theirs a right and wrong way to do things. Now just because another member has another opinion, this BOO and thumbs down is not going to get you anywhere fast. As this is the 5th Post from you I have come across like this, I ask you to tone it down, Or friends around this Forum will be few and far between.

Thank You.

W

BOO

Last edited by a moderator:

Kinx36

HC Member
Damn this forums old... Veg time I'd say is when the plants starts growing new sets of leaves

TMGGENETICS

HC Member
Seeds- Veg from the time they poke their head up and are in 18/6 light schedule.
Clones - Veg from the time I clone them and they have rooted and are in 18/6 light schedule.

Seeds or clones - flower from the time I flip the light to 12/12 light schedule.

mischief

HC Member
when do I switch to the 12/12

I git my babies n there are growing nice but I have then in soil and are running them 24/0 I have them in a 4x4x7 tent and they are already almost 2 feet in a month when do I switch to the 12/12 for the best results of my babies

Stoner

ooops stoooned
Re: when do I switch to the 12/12

Depends on strain. Some double in size from flip to finish. Is there headroom for more growth?

mischief

HC Member
Yes there is still about 4 feet left in the tent hight wise and there pretty nice size bushes. Towards the end of September will be my 55 days In veg but I dnt knw if im going to have enough room for them to finish in the flowering since they are growing about 6 inch a week

Top Bottom