Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Watering options for coco

GreyHairedDevil

Supporter
Going to play around with coco for this upcoming grow. I was wondering how you feed? Hand water,versus drippers , and drain to waste versus recirculating? Anyone try bottom feeding? I want to set up my new grow with some trays and reservoirs. I want to be on some type of automated feeding system. simpler the better. thanks.

Electro

░▒▒▓É∟-⌡Ård↨ÑÉrΘ▓▒▒░
HC Member
Bumping this for GHD.. Anyone?

Snow Crash

HC Member
Oh wow! sorry I missed this.

I'm in the process of moving right now and it's late and I'm tired but I do have a lot to say on this subject. I will make a point to drop back in when I have some time and energy to talk about drip systems, bottom feedings, and what not.

The basics is... Coco is so versatile that as long as you're smart about method, frequency, and concentration then you can pretty much do whatever you feel like with the stuff. Smarts are key though.

ProdigalSon

HC Member
I got my Coco setup on a TOPFLOOD/DRAIN System identical To EBB N FLOW I GUESS.Useing a pump and adjustable Aqua Shield adjustable flow Splitter. Coco Is The closest I've Ever Seen anything Come to a True water Based hydro Grow System U just gotta Keep it wet and feed Like Its a water based hydro grow system cause nutrients and salts do build up in the medium and. Allowing it To dry can be Very unforgiveing much in the way like soil but there is much more Aeration in coco and avenues for the salt to escape instead along the Roots Like soil. Keep it As Wet as possible so its Flushin as much As u can O Course all that is gonna go hand In Hand With growth stage I allow my Coco to Dry a bit in veg to Force root growth. Hope it helps.

Last edited:
S

surferjoe

i use 2 or 3 gallon smart pots (or any other brand of cloth pot), 1/4" dripper lines, w/ dripper stakes at the ends, two per pot. depending on stage of plant growth and/or if you cut some perlite into your coco, you can water every one to two days. some folks water more often. i run straight canna coco w/out perlite. however on this run i have some in poly pots and a little perlite. i feed every watering w/ around 20% or so run-off, up until flush.

oh yea, i do run-to-waste.

Last edited by a moderator:

kevinanderson

I'm Banned
ya thats were im at right now excellent old side water strain to spend. Well actully i have a push with 1/2" tube installed to a wond that i position in a 32 gal burte garbage can thats packed with 15 gallons of vitamins mix to drinking water 16 vegetation in a 4X4 Plate under a thousand w HiD gentle, i have to drinking water every other day. so thats why i desired to create the dripper numerous for the tray, the way my space is installation right now it would be simpler to create a recirculating program than a strain to spend program. the purpose for this is cuz i would have to discover a identify to get rid of the run-off drinking water, Maybe tube it to a strain or outside or under the property which all have their negitives. I still have not desided on what strategy i should try im still going over the PRO's and the CON's on both techniques. im Not tryin to convert this position into a controversy on which is better just trying to discover what is better for me and my installation with that being said allows go over the Professionals & Con's:

CON's
Drain to Waste
1) uses 1.5-3 times the amount of nutrients/cost
2) Must find place to drain

CON's
Recirculating System
1) If 1 plant gets root pathogens all plants can be affected
2) RNC may become unbalanced or toxic if adjusting ppms back up every day
3) salts that are wash off recirulate in next watering getting back into the coco medium

PRO's
Drain to Waste
1) plants get flushed every time u water
2) RNC will never be unbalanced
3) If 1 plant gets root pathogenswill not speard to other on next watering

PRO's
Recirculating System
1) cost less in nutrients
2) easier to setup

Im Sure theres plenty more for both system these are just ones i could think off the top of my head. im still not sure on which im going to do there are still a few things i need to figure out.

king420

HC Member
im so lost here. what the hell are u saying? i wish people would re-read their comment before posting. drives me nuts

gurrrrrr

GreyHairedDevil

Supporter
I understand stand what he is talkin about. Not sure if english is his first language. sometimes stuff translates strange. He is on topic though. Dont really need to post your opinions of other peoples posts. Remember this isnt a spelling bee or a english class ists a growing forum.

GreyHairedDevil

Supporter
Back to Coco Watering Options.

Last round I ran a flood and drain table with smart pots full of coco. This round I am going to set up drippers and feed drain to waste. not sure how many times and for how long or how many drippers per pot. lots to figure out still.

jonnyrapid7

HC Member
wilma big 4

Get a big 4 wilma, paid an arm and a leg for all the kit for mine and it's paid off ten fold, as long as you look after the environment and change water once a week and keep your ec stick bang on you literally can't go wrong. I'm in 5th week of flower and expecting 15+Oz from 6 girls, 2 singles and 2 doubles in one pot. Wouldn't double pot again due to the light fight as the two singles are beautiful. Fantastic investment

Peace Man

HC Member
I understand stand what he is talkin about. Not sure if english is his first language. sometimes stuff translates strange. He is on topic though. Dont really need to post your opinions of other peoples posts. Remember this isnt a spelling bee or a english class ists a growing forum.
GHD that was awesome, a long as they have good sensible advice through experience I'll figure it out lol.

Top Bottom